Friday 12 August 2011

The Mystery Revealed


Image002
The strange lady that we had met the other day turned out to be Monica and her mysteriously spunky little 

Chihuahua was Chevy.  Monica was a delightful woman who Belinda had met in college.  She got a call a few weeks ago and was thrilled that Monica would be moving into our neighborhood.  She never mentioned it to me because she knew about Chevy and wanted it to be a big surprise.  Well, it sure was a big surprise; the biggest surprise of my life!

I’m a big dog now, four years old to be exact.  When Belinda adopted me as a puppy, I lived in a town far away from here and I had lots of squirmy, cute litter-mates.  She chose me because of my adorable little face and friendly disposition.  When I came to live with Belinda, I never even thought about my doggie-mom or my brothers and sisters and that is why I was so surprised as I was meeting my new neighbors, Monica and Chevy, and listening to Belinda’s conversation.

Monica said that after having me and my siblings, my doggie-mom had three more litters of pups.  Belinda had told Monica so many wonderful and heartwarming stories about me and my silly antics that she just had to have a little chi to call her own.  One day, she saw an ad for long haired Chihuahua puppies in her newspaper and called the number.  When she went to the house to see the puppies, she remembered that it was the same house that she and Belinda had gone to when Belinda was picking me up!  After talking to the lady, she realized that little Chevy had the same doggie-mom as me!  So the big surprise is that I have a sister; a sister right here down my street!

Chevy sat through the story as still as she could be, but I’ve never seen such a restless little pup in my life!  I was on pins and needles waiting to hear more and as she spoke, Belinda kept looking over at me and smiling her pretty smile to make me feel comfortable in a strange house.  I think she could tell that I was nervous because my big eyes kept twitching and I was sitting as still as a statue.  Of course, I was completely intrigued by what I was hearing but if I moved, even a little bit, Chevy would snarl and pounce on me and I wasn’t sure about how to react.

When Monica and Belinda were through talking, Monica brought over a big plate of home-made banana biscotti dog treats and a special box all tied up with a blue, polk-a-dot ribbon.  Was this another surprise?  I felt my little tail begin to wag and then the sensation traveled up my behind and right out my ears until I was wiggling all over in delight!  Coming to see Monica was like Christmas with so many surprises and treats!  I wonder if it will always be this much fun when we take the walk to Monica’s house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment