Tuesday 16 August 2011

Buster and the Bee


Image002

Yesterday I was just minding my own business when a big, fat, furry bumblebee flew in through the door and started buzzing around my head.  I was just lying on the couch, watching my favorite television show when I heard the annoyingly loud buzz of the bee.  It was so loud that it sounded like it was going into one of my ears and out the other, over and over again.  Sometimes I am scared of spiders but I pretty brave when it comes to bees, so I thought I’d take the challenge and get rid of him myself.

First I jumped up onto the arm of the sofa so I would be really big and tall.  That might be enough to scare him away!  I stood up as tall as I could and had a big snarl on my face.  The bee just kept right on circling my head, silly bee.  Next, I tried snapping at him.  I pretended that I didn’t see him coming and then quickly leapt into the air and snapped my little jaws.  I guess he could read my mind because at just the precise moment that he should be between my teeth, he dodged out of the way.  Finally, I tried to tackle him.  When he would get really close to me, I jumped up and tried to pounce on him.  The only thing that came from that was me landing on the floor, in a heap.  What on earth was I going to do about this bumblebee?

Bees like honey.  Belinda just so happened to be making me some of my favorite 

Chihuahua treats before she had to run to the market.  I went into the kitchen and as luck would have it, there was an open jar of honey on the counter!  The kitchen smelled like heaven with my treats baking.  Bananas, honey, and cream wafted through the air and tickled my nose.  I couldn’t forget though, that I was on an important mission.  I had to get rid of that bumblebee before Belinda came home and got stung!

I pushed a chair over to the counter with my strong nose and hopped up onto it.  I climbed up my booster seat and could almost reach the counter.  I could just barely see the jar of honey, which was sitting atop a dishtowel.  If I could pull the towel, I could get the honey closer!  Carefully, with my little teeth, I pulled the dishtowel and then the unthinkable happened.  With an ear splintering crash, the jar of honey smashed to the floor, leaving pieces of glass and globs of sticky honey all over the kitchen counter, walls, and floor.

Just then, I heard Belinda’s car pull up into the driveway.  As I was shaking with fright and dismay, I froze in my chair and waited to be caught.  Belinda opened the front door and the bumblebee flew out.  I guess that was enough to scare him away and he didn’t want to get into trouble, either.  She walked into the kitchen and stared in disbelief.  I had made such a mess, and she knew I did it because the dishcloth was still in my mouth!  She came over, glass crunching beneath her shoes, and scooped me up from my honey and glass chair mess.  “Buster, my goodness, are you ok?”  She checked me over very well for any cuts.  When she was sure that I was alright, she spanked my bottom and put me in my room, closing the door behind her.  “No treats for you” is all I heard as she walked away.

I guess she thought I was pretty naughty and it’s too bad she didn’t know I was only trying to save her from the ferocious bumblebee.  I fell asleep in my Chihuahua bed while I was in my time-out.  When I woke up, there was a plate next to me with a cookie on it, and a bumblebee buzzing around my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment