Thursday 18 August 2011

Buster Goes to the Rodeo


Image002
While we were out on our walk the other night I saw posters all over the street lamps saying “Rodeo Comes to Town.”  I had no idea what a Rodeo was but it must be something really special if they need to advertise it so much!  Later that night I heard Belinda telling John that the Rodeo was coming to town and that she really wanted to go see it.  I couldn’t help but wonder what all the fuss was about and if 

Chihuahuas would be allowed to go or not.  I sure hope I can because it sounds really exciting!

I hopped up onto the couch next to John so he could scratch my belly and the man on the television made the big announcement about the Rodeo!  I immediately flipped over and sat straight up to hear what he had to say about this mysterious event.  “In two days the Rodeo will be coming to our little town.  Make sure you bring your cowboy hat to get a discount at the door!  There will be lots of fun things to do for the whole family.  Come see the brave bull riders and Rodeo clowns!  Come see the beautiful horses and all of the thrilling games!  There will be a barbecue for all to enjoy!  See you at the Rodeo!”

You must be kidding me, I’ve got to be dreaming, I thought as the whole idea of a Rodeo sunk into my head.  Anyplace with animals, food, and fun sounds like the perfect place for me!  Then, I heard Belinda and John making plans to go in a couple of days and they were talking about how much fun it was going to be for me!  I knew they wouldn’t leave me behind! 

On the day of the Rodeo, Belinda dressed me up in my little cowboy shirt and straw collar.  She tied my little cowboy hat around my neck and I looked so perfect!  These were my favorite Chihuahua clothes, at least for today!  We headed out the door and started our drive to the Rodeo.

When we arrived, I couldn’t believe my eyes!  There were hundreds of gigantic horses roaming around the park with riders all dressed in colorful and fancy shirts.  Near the big arena were many pens holding massive, monsters called bulls.  These men would hop onto them and ride them through the ring and try not to get killed.  I’m not sure if it was supposed to be fun or terrifying!  I also, saw lots of fuzzy little goats and wooly sheep.

We found a place to sit, high up in the bleachers.  We took out plates of chicken, ribs, and corn and sat down to enjoy the show.  First, the rodeo clowns were dancing around and doing flips in the dirt.  Then, the bull was released with the rider flopping around on his back like a doll!  When the bull twisted and turned, the man fell off and the clowns ran all around trying to get the bull to chase them.  That was awfully nice of them and it gave the man a chance to escape.  Later in the day, some horses did some neat tricks and once and a while, one would chase a sheep.

We all had a really fun and exciting time at the Rodeo and Belinda told me that we could go every year when they came back to town.  It was a fun experience with so many new smells.  I couldn’t wait to tell all of my friends about the Rodeo!

No comments:

Post a Comment