Wednesday 3 August 2011

The Ice Cream Sundae


Image002
Belinda was free this afternoon and decided to babysit the neighbors little girl, Eloise.  I was very excited because every time I went outside, Eloise would pet me through the fence and sneak little pieces of her ham sandwich to me.  I don’t think that she cared when I spit out the cheese.  She was a lot bigger than me, a little 

Chihuahua, but I think she was only about 3 or 4 years old.  It doesn’t take much to be bigger than me, you know!  Anyhow, Eloise’s mom had to run some errands and Belinda offered to watch her for the afternoon.

There was a little knock on the door and I jumped onto the back of the chair to see who it was.  I peeked all over but couldn’t see a thing.  When Belinda came to open the door, I scurried over to see who was there.  At the door was Eloise with her little red suitcase.  Her blonde curls were piled on top of her head and she had a little rag doll under her arm.  Eloise’s mom waved goodbye and beeped her horn which made me bark a lot; I always get excited when I hear the cars beeping! 

Eloise came inside and handed me a little doggie biscuit!  That was a nice surprise since I hadn’t had lunch yet and was getting a little rumbly.  Belinda put all of Eloise’s things in my bedroom and sat her up at the table to make an ice cream sundae!  How exciting this day was turning out to be, I hope I will be getting a dish of that delicious, creamy treat!

All of a sudden, Eloise reached for the cherries and slipped right off her chair.  She landed with a plop right on the kitchen floor and Belinda started to cry along with her.  Belinda wasn’t used to taking care of anybody besides me and I never fell of chairs!  Eloise was absolutely screaming even though she looked perfectly fine to me.  I just cocked my head and stared in shock.  I would never have thought that such a loud and horrifying noise could come out of someone so small and sweet.

Belinda scooped Eloise up off the kitchen floor and ran to the bathroom.  The bathroom has cold water and washcloths which seem to be the magic answer for blotting tears away and healing terrible woes!  I wasn’t quite sure what to do so I just sat in the kitchen, staring at the cherry that had rolled onto the floor.

Time seemed to be passing in slow motion as that juicy, red cherry sat helplessly on the floor near my feet.  I'm a good Chihuahua and I don’t normally sneak treats that aren’t meant for me, but that cherry looked like it really wanted me to eat it up.  So I did.

The plump cherry was a forbidden treat and having tasted its delightful sweetness, I wasn’t about to stop at just one.  I gingerly climbed up onto Eloise’s empty chair and staring me right in the face was an ice cream sundae with peanut butter sauce and three cherries right on the top!  Needless to say, I was a very naughty pup.

By the time the crying had stopped, Belinda walked into the kitchen to find me.  Shamefully, I was lying under the table, belly up, and stuffed with vanilla ice cream.  Belinda just looked at me and shook her head.  The peanut butter sauce was smeared across my eye and cherry juice had stained the fur around my mouth.  “That’s just great, Buster.  What am I going to do with you?”  I just looked longingly up at Belinda and was grateful when she carried me into the bathroom to work her magic on my messy, peanut butter face before putting me to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment