Wednesday 17 August 2011

Buster Visits the Pet Store


Image002

Last week Belinda and I went to the pet store to buy some new Chihuahua clothes.  I was so excited to go that I could barely stand the wait!  When we were getting ready to go, Belinda decided to dress me in my cutest little denim jacket and my bright yellow Chihuahua collar.  It was such a sunny spring day that I wanted to match it!  On our way to the store I couldn’t help but think of all the wonderful Chihuahua toys and yummy treats that I would find waiting for me there!

Once we arrived, Belinda snapped my yellow leash on and we made our way through the parking lot.  I could smell the excitement in the air!  There were many dogs and cats at the store and lots of different types of treats, dog foods, fresh baked biscuits, and goodies!  As we walked in, a nice girl with long curly hair met us at the door.  She gave me a tiny green bone and a little white bow for my hair.  I’m not sure why she thought I needed a bow to wear; for one thing I didn’t have long hair so where would I clip it and furthermore, I wasn’t a girl!  Couldn’t she see that?  I think I am very manly and look really tough with this denim 

Chihuahua jacket on.  I was happy to have the bone though and Belinda said we could just give the bow to Chevy.  That was fine with me and we made our way to the first isle.

The clothing isle was always my favorite part of the store.  There were all kinds of dog clothes here that I would love to have for my closet.  There were Chihuahua collars of all shapes and colors, jackets, pants, sweaters, shirts, and Halloween costumes.  Belinda told me I could choose one new Chihuahua collar and one new outfit.  We scoured the racks, sorting through tons of wonderful outfits and leashes and finally settled on a new plaid collar and a tan cable knit sweater for fall.  I couldn’t wait for it to get cold outside so I could wear it!

The second isle we visited was the treat isle.  My nose was in frenzy as we passed by all of the liver snaps, doggy biscotti, chicken treats, rawhides, beefy bones, and cheesy snaps!  I was pacing back and forth, sniffing one bag after another with excitement!  Belinda chose a small box of carob chip cookies for me and told me I could have one after dinner tonight!

Finally, we got to the last isle of the day which was the pet isle.  I was sort of a chicken about other animals so I slowly walked close behind Belinda as we made our way to the first big display tank.  I warily walked up and peeked inside.  There were at least a dozen giant, furry, floppy-eared rabbits lying in a big heap in the middle of the tank.  What luck, a bunch of rabbits to look at?  I had enough of that at home with that crazy bunny that runs around like a lunatic all the time.  My rabbit certainly seemed to have a lot more energy than these lazy bunnies!  The next cage we saw towered right up to the ceiling and was filled with loud squawks and shrill cries.  I wasn’t sure if whatever was in there was having fun or was in pain!  As I looked inside, I saw flurries of green and red and blue feathers hopping from branch to branch and singing to each other.  I sure am happy we don’t have any birds, and I looked desperately to Belinda who seemed to share my same thought.

I was ready to go home and really excited to try on my new Chihuahua clothes.  I couldn’t wait for dinner so I could taste my yummy new cookies afterward.  Belinda and I got into our car and drove home.  Visiting the pet store is always one of my most favorite things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment