Wednesday 26 October 2011

The Grand Vacation Part 1


Image002
John and Belinda decided to both take a vacation from work at the same time so they could take a long road trip.  Of course, I was absolutely delighted at the prospect of traveling all around to see the sights and smell the smells.  This would be the perfect opportunity to relax, wear all of my awesome summer 

Chihuahua clothes, and taste all the excellent vacation food!

They decided to tour the United States and hit as many vacation spots as they could fit into two weeks.  Two weeks!  That’s a really long time!  I will have to pack so many Chihuahua collars, t-shirts, toys, and treats into my comfy carrier.  I am so excited to pack!  “Bark, Bark, yip, yap!”

“Ok Buster, let’s get your things together first and then you can take a nap while John and I pack our things,” said Belinda as we went to my clothes trunk.  “You are going to need a lot of things to keep you busy in the car.  It’s going to be a lot of driving!”  Belinda grabbed my yellow backpack and started filling it with toys.  She packed my cat-sized jingle balls, some small tennis balls, my stuffed pig, rabbit, and turtle, a bunch of plastic squeakies (which were my favorites since they were so festive), and a little plastic ball that had Belinda’s voice on it every time I pressed it in the right spot.

After all of my toys were packed in my backpack, we moved onto the clothes; that is the best part!  Belinda pulled out a red suitcase with little wheels and opened it up on the bed.  She began sorting through all of my Chihuahua clothes; and there were tons!  Into the suitcase went four different colored tee shirts, a pair of pajamas with hearts on them (a little girly but very comfortable), two pairs of shorts, my favorite green sweater, a yellow sweatshirt, and a raincoat and rain boots.  “That ought to do it, bub,” said Belinda.  “You definitely have more clothes than I do!” she laughed. 

The last thing I needed was snacks.  We were going to be in the car for days and days so I would need a lot to keep me busy!  Belinda went to the kitchen and I was playfully nipping at her heels.  “Buster, you really are excited, aren’t you!” laughed Belinda as she rummaged through the cupboard for my snacks.  Finally she pulled out a bag of beef jerky, some funny little hot dogs, and a bag of bacon strips, a bag of doggy popcorn, and a bag of carob chip cookies.  Yum, yum, yum!  This was going to be a trip to remember!

Belinda and John did their packing while I sat with my pile of luggage on the couch in the living room.  Bag after bag came out to the living room and I was beginning to wonder if there would be any room for me in the car!  Once they were ready we took it all out and packed it into the car.  To my surprise, John’s parents brought over their van for us to take so we could be more comfortable on our trip!  That was great news; maybe I could get out of my carrier and run around in the back sometimes!  We piled our bags into the van, locked up the house, and headed out for our adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment