Wednesday 24 August 2011

The Easter Feast


Image002
I have to give you fair warning to this next tale.  I am a dog and sometimes, dogs do things that people think are disgusting.  Things that I think taste wonderful, you would think taste like garbage and things that I think smell fantastic, you would think smell like garbage!  Well, this is the story of how I got really sick, by getting into the trash last week.

Easter was over and everyone was happy that spring was in the air.  The cats were moving around more, which is really something since they hardly ever move, and the rabbit was bouncing about like he had ants in his pants.  I was happy too, but not because spring was here.  I was happy because every time I went outside, I could smell the most wonderful holiday garbage, ever!  Rotten Easter eggs that went uneaten, left over ham and mashed potatoes, and lots and lots of candy was in all of the trash cans in our neighborhood. 

I was in the backyard the other day and snuck out through the loose, wooden spot that I knew about in the fence.  When I got out, I headed straight to the neighbors garbage.  Three little kids lived there so I knew there were a lot of wasted goodies.  The first thing I found was some old Easter eggs.  Luckily they were already peeled and looked faintly blue and pink.  I dove right into those eggs and they were delicious!  After I ate a few of them, I put my nose into them and the rest of my body followed.  I happily rolled in the eggs until I had yolk all over my back.  Then, I found the ham scraps; that’s what I was hoping for!  I gobbled them up quickly, every piece of them.  I just started nibbling on a chocolate bunny ear when I head Belinda screaming at me.  She was standing over me and I was blissfully eating a jellybean.  The look on her face was pure madness as she picked me up by the scruff of my neck and dragged me into the house.

Belinda was disgusted.  I reeked of rotten food and other garbage and eggs and ham were all over my fur.  She filled the tub up with hot water and soap and plopped me into it to soak.  I wasn’t going to try to run because by this time, I felt really, really sick.  Once I was all clean and dry, Belinda put me into my bed and went to get some water for me.  When she came back, she nearly stepped in a big pile of vomit and sighed “this day just keeps getting better and better.” 

I felt really bad for causing so much trouble.  John had to go over and pick up all the neighbors garbage while Belinda had to clean up after me.  Needless to say, John found the loose fence board and fixed it before the day was through.  I didn’t get out of bed for three days!  Belinda took me to the vet and he said that I had worms!  This 

Chihuahua has learned a lesson the hard way and I will try my best to never get into the garbage again!

No comments:

Post a Comment