Friday 19 August 2011

Buster Goes to the Beach


Image002
It was such a hot summer day, the temperature was almost 100 degrees, too hot for this 

Chihuahua, and our air conditioner was broken.  Belinda and John both had the day off of work and we were all just sitting in the kitchen, melting.  The cats didn’t care; they just lounged all day on their lazy little backs, wagging their tails in front of the fans.  The crazy rabbit didn’t care; he dug a hole in the backyard and laid in it while the sun was out.  As for us though, we were so hot we didn’t know what to do!

Belinda had a good idea and John agreed, we would pack a lunch and go to the beach today.  Belinda went through my stash of Chihuahua clothes and packed a little white t-shirt for me so I wouldn’t get a sun burn and a little straw hat.  She packed up the umbrellas, towels, and a lovely picnic basket filled with delicious salads, hot dogs, and cold water.  After we got everything packed up, we headed off to the beach, leaving the rotten cats behind.

Once we arrived, we made our way down the dirt path that led to the water.  We set up our chairs and our umbrellas.  I had my own blue umbrella and my own little towel.  Belinda set me up with a bowl of water and I was very happy to lie there and relax.  The sound of the waves hitting the shore was exciting and I decided to take my chances and run out to greet them.  Belinda and John laughed at me as the waves pushed me right back to where they were sitting on the beach.  The sun was hot and the water was cold, it was so much fun to frolic in the waves.

Belinda called me in to have some lunch and she dished me up a plate with melon, corn, and some bits of chicken.  That was the best lunch I’ve had in a really long time!  We enjoyed the scenery and watched the sailboats and swimmers as they played in the waves.  After a while, John picked me up and we went out into the water for a swim.  I’m a really good swimmer but I get pretty tired after a while.  When I started slowing down, John took me into shore and we relaxed some more on our beach blankets.

The sun started to go down and the air cooled off a bit.  We decided that we would go home and watch some movies.  We packed everything up and drove home.  On the way, I felt so sleepy that I just flopped right over in Belinda’s arms.  The day was so fun and filled with fresh air and sunshine and exercise.  It was the best day, going to the beach with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment