Tuesday 23 August 2011

Buster Goes to the County Fair

Image002

The county fair was coming to town and every time we went out to the store or for a walk, everyone was talking about it.  We live in a small town where not much happens so when a fair comes to town, it’s a pretty big deal!  I went to the county fair last year and it was reallyfun and exciting.  There are always lots of things to smell and see and do there!

As we were getting ready for the fair, Belinda picked out a little vest with Ferris wheels on it for me to wear, along with my fluffy clown Chihuahua collar.  I looked very festive and couldn’t wait to get there!  John took some extra money with him just in case there were some fun games to play with some prizes that I would like to have.

When we got to the fair, there were so many cars parked and tons of people riding on the rides, walking through the midway and playing games, and looking at the crafts and concessions stands.  John immediately saw a game that he wanted to play because the prize was a little squeaky alien and he knew I would love it.  Him and Belinda walked over and were reading the rules and I was patiently waiting on the other end of my leash.  Suddenly, a big butterfly fluttered over to me and landed right near my paw.  If it was something I loved, it was butterflies.  They were slow and funny and made for a good chase, floating high and low and back up again.  Before I knew it, I had followed that little trouble maker all the way to where the chickens were!  I quickly darted around to see if I knew where I was or where Belinda and John were, but couldn’t recognize a thing! 

I ran out of the chicken barn, even though it smelled delicious in there, and into the cow barn.  The cows were lazily plodding about and seemed happy to see me.  I walked amongst them and rubbed on their legs because I wanted to smell like them, too!  They sniffed me with their big, wet noses and nudged me along the ground.  I bid farewell to my new friends and continued on my quest to find my family.

The sounds of children drew me to my next place, which happened to be a bounce house the size of a mansion!  A freckle-faced little boy picked me up and we went into the bounce house.  He was funny and smelled like French fries so I really liked him.  After we got inside, lots of kids poured into the house.  Soon, the air wafted with the smells of cotton candy, popcorn, hamburgers, and chocolate.  With each big bounce, I went flying high into the air and soared like a bird until I hit the floor and began my next bounce.

Before I knew it, Belinda and John were standing at the door, trying to scoop this little Chihuahua out of the bounce house.  The children finally passed me over to them and I was safely in their arms!  That was a really scary but really fun trip to the fair and I can’t wait to go again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment